BigCommerce works closely with many third-party developers. And these developers have contributed to a vast marketplace of apps that integrate with the platform to maximize your online store's functionality — and profitability.
Below, we’ve listed some of the best BigCommerce apps that will help you optimize your store’s conversions, improve customer loyalty, simplify marketing and create a more engaging shopping experience.
12 BigCommerce Apps for Your Store
Here are 12 of the top BC apps on the market. We've included information on their functionalities and pricing, too.
Whether you choose one or more for your store, these apps are sure to help you run operations more smoothly.
Conversions in ecommerce aren’t just about getting sales.
Any action you want a visitor to take is a conversion, and that includes getting customers to sign up for your email list. That’s an important conversion point when you consider just 98% of customers won’t buy anything the first time they visit. Email marketing allows you to touch base with them later to get them to come back with a bonus offer, promotion or new product launch.
But first, you have to capture their information.
Sumo is one of the best apps for BigCommerce if you want to turn more visitors into customers. The app includes visually stunning and customizable opt-ins to help grow your email list. In addition, Sumo allows you to configure a progress indicator that shows customers just how close they are to getting a discount based on the value of their cart. Coupled with the exit-intent offers to reduce cart abandonment, Sumo can significantly improve conversions while also boosting average order value storewide.
Sumo offers the following plans:
- Free: At no cost, users get up to 10,000 emails per month and features such as email opt-in forms, social media sharing and automated welcome emails for new subscribers.
- Pro: $39 per month. This plan provides up to 50,000 emails per month, and the extra features include A/B testing, advanced visitor targeting and advanced analytics.
Omnisend is another app that will help you turn more of your visitors into paying customers.
This plugin makes email marketing easy. It provides you with automated workflows for everything from welcome emails to abandoned carts to order follow-ups, so you can encourage more sales — without lifting a finger.
And Omnisend gives you tools for collecting contact information as well, including a "Wheel of Fortune" feature that awards visitors with a prize in exchange for their email address. In addition to email, you can use Omnisend to reach potential customers through push notifications and SMS messages.
Omnisend's plans include:
- Free: At no cost, Omnisend provides you with up to 15,000 emails per month and basic features for signup forms, email campaigns and reports.
- Standard: $16 per month. Also includes 15,000 emails per month, as well as extra features such as email automation, audience segmentation and 24/7 support.
- Pro: $99 per month. This plan also provides 15,000 emails per month, and its extra features include push notifications, Facebook custom audiences and priority support.
A common mistake retailers make is to assume that the completion of checkout is the end of the shopping experience — there's SO much potential for additional sales once the customer is finished shopping.
Every engagement point with a customer is an opportunity to market, and that includes the transaction receipt. In fact, receipt emails have an average open rate of just over 70% compared to traditional email open rates of around 16%.
Receiptful is a great app for adding marketing and upsell opportunities in your transaction receipt emails. When a customer opens one of these beautiful designed receipts, they’ll get all the information for their last transaction combined with dynamic upsells more likely to bring them back into your sales funnel.
And Receiptful offers the following pricing options:
- Starter: $9 per month. With this plan, you can send up to 5,000 emails to 500 people. Features include segmentation, pre-made workflows/automation and product recommendations.
- Growth: $29 per month. This plan allows you to send unlimited emails, and the extra features include browse abandonment emails, customer feedback surveys and social proof widgets.
- Professional: $49 per month. This plan also allows you to send unlimited emails. Extra features include priority support, onboarding consultation and a dedicated account manager.
With the intuitive drag-and-drop interface and pre-designed templates of the Shogun Page Builder app, anyone can create high-quality landing pages, product pages and blog posts.
In addition to standard content blocks like text and images, Shogun allows you to add advanced features like countdown clocks and custom forms to your store. Shogun also collects analytics, so you can keep track of stats — such as total sessions and sales conversions — for each page. Shogun has an A/B testing feature and enterprise-level support as well. Overall, it's like having a couple dozen apps in one.
Shogun provides you with the following plan options:
- Build: $49 per month. Features include 30+ page templates, the full library of page-building elements, SEO controls and email support.
- Measure: $149 per month. Extra features include content scheduling, page syncing, developer tools and live chat support.
- Optimize: $349 per month. With this plan, you also get access to Shogun's A/B testing tool.
One of the top causes of cart abandonment is when customers are surprised by unexpected fees and charges during checkout, like additional shipping costs. With the average cart abandonment rate hanging at around 70%, you want to do everything you can to eliminate friction and surprises.
ShipperHQ gives you more control over shipping.
This app can help shoppers calculate shipping costs on the fly by IP address, providing customers with an accurate rate in no time. Additionally, ShipperHQ helps determine fees based on product weights and accurate package dimensions, so you get the best rates from your shipping carriers.
With ShipperHQ, you have your choice between one of the following three plans:
- Essentials: $50 per month. This plan allows you to use up to two carriers for 5,000 monthly shipping requests. You can also select one of ShippingHQ's advanced features (LTL freight, in-store pickup, dimensional packaging, etc.).
- Standard: $100 per month. This plan allows you to use up to four carriers for 10,000 monthly shipping requests, and you can select two of ShippingHQ's advanced features.
- Pro: $300 per month. This plan allows you to use up to eight carriers for 20,000 monthly shipping requests. Also, you can get four of their advanced features.
Social proof plays a big part in purchases. When customers consider making a purchase online, they often turn to reviews — via YouTube, social media, review sites or some combination of the three.
And displaying product reviews directly on your site can put shoppers' minds at ease.
We love Yotpo for the added functionality it brings, including notifications prompting customers to leave a review after their purchase, rich snippet integration to display product reviews in organic search and showing product ratings in on-site search. There's even integration available for user-generated content, such as images and videos submitted by customers.
There are only two pricing options for Yotpo: free and premium.
- Free: The free version works for up to 50 monthly orders and includes review request emails, basic customization and content moderation.
- Premium: For more than 50 monthly orders, you'll need to contact Yotpo for a quote. Also, this plan includes extra features, such as multi-channel content generation, advanced content management and a dedicated success manager.
Just about every theme you’ll find for BigCommerce will be responsive, ensuring your site displays properly on mobile devices. You’d be hard pressed to find a design agency that wouldn’t give you a custom storefront without optimizing your store for mobile.
Still, a responsive site can’t beat a clean, customer-friendly mobile app. It used to be a costly process to develop a mobile app from scratch but Apptive has changed the game with its integration for BigCommerce stores.
Through an innovative drag-and-drop interface, you can transform your store into a mobile experience for both Android and iPhone users. The best part is, you don’t need to know a single line of code to make your app.
Apptive is a terrific choice for online stores with frequent return shoppers. You can even market to them directly through your app with push notifications. When it’s time to update your store, you can access your dashboard and make quick updates on the fly.
Apptive customizes its pricing according to each client's needs, so you'll need to contact the site for a quote.
Remember that statistic about the number of customers who bail before making a purchase? If upwards of 70% of people abandon their carts and only around 2% of first-time visitors make a purchase, it would be great to test out changes made to your checkout process so you could retain more of those customers.
Enter Optimizely, the best app for significantly lifting your conversion rates in rapid time. Optimizely lets you perform A/B split testing, serving up different versions of your site to different customers in order to see which version converts better. With detailed analytics, you won’t have to guess at performance based on an average conversion rate — Optimizely will show you performance and conversion metrics side-by-side for each test, distribution of visitors, conversion rate over time and more.
This is another provider that utilizes a custom pricing structure. If you're interested in Optimizely, you'll need to contact its sales team.
If there’s one thing we’ve learned over the years about conversion rates, it’s that optimization is as much of art as it is a science. There’s also a certain amount of psychology behind getting customers to click. It’s not always easy to establish trust and convince a customer that you’ve got the right solution to their problem.
Social proof helps — a lot. Reviews are helpful, but sometimes it takes a little more to get a customer fixated on a product. When customers see a rush on a product in a retail store it can create interest along with a fear of missing out.
The FOMO app allows you to replicate that experience in an online store. With the app installed, you can configure small notifications to trigger during the shopping experience that show products other people have purchased. The app includes an image of the product that shoppers can click, and then they're taken to the product page. And it's effective — according to BigCommerce, adding elements of social proof like this can boost conversions by as much as 40-80%.
FOMO offers the following plans:
- Starter: $19 per month. This plan provides you with 25,000 notifications per month and features such as an active visitors counter, custom page rules and one-click machine learning.
- Essential: $39 per month. With this plan, you get 50,000 notifications per month and live chat support.
- Plus: $79 per month. This plan also includes 250,000 notifications per month and phone support.
- Advanced: $199 per month. FOMO's most premium plan includes 3,000,000 notifications per month, A/B testing and API support.
Email marketing is a big part of customer retention as well as customer acquisition. It’s also not easy to manage when your plate is full trying to focus on growing your business.
There are plenty of email marketing apps that integrate with BigCommerce, but one of the reasons we love Klaviyo is the depth of functionality. With Klaviyo, you don’t have to guess at what campaigns to send and which customers to target. The platform lets you leverage a wide range of data from customer behaviors to sales data so you can create laser-targeted campaigns much more likely to convert.
Best of all, you don’t have to spend too much time trying to design the perfect campaign: Klaviyo comes loaded with templates and layouts along with a library of customizable automated content to help you get started.
The cost of email marketing with Klaviyo depends on the size of your contact list. It’s free for 250 or fewer contacts, $20 per month for 251-500 contacts and $30 per month for 501-1,000 contacts, for example.
Cloud platforms like BigCommerce and Shopify have made it incredibly easy to launch, maintain and grow an online store. But even with your entire store running online in the cloud in secure data centers with redundant servers, accidents can happen.
The best way to protect your business from data loss is to backup all your data on a regular basis. Hosting platforms often come with a default backup, and you can reinforce that with a backup of your own. Rewind gives you a means of quickly creating a backup of your data with a single-click, including your entire order history, all product details, all customer data and more. If there’s ever an issue, all you have to do is "rewind" your data to the last restore point.
Rewind gives you three plans to choose from:
- Basic: $3 per month. This plan provides you with automated daily backups for a store that has up to 20 orders per month.
- Growth: $9 per month. This plan provides you with real-time backups for a store that has up to 200 orders per month.
- Pro: $39 per month. This plan provides you with real-time backups for a store that has up to 600 orders per month, and it also includes phone support.
12. S Loyalty
Customer acquisition is important and it’s likely a significant portion of your BigCommerce marketing budget. But, that first sale isn’t nearly as important as your customer’s second purchase.
Only about 20% of first-time buyers will make a second purchase. But, if you can keep just 10% more of your existing customers, you'll easily double your revenue. If you boost customer retention by as little as 5%, you can boost profits by 25% to 95%, which is why it’s smart to use loyalty and rewards apps.
S Loyalty is one of the best apps for a BigCommerce store looking to reward its customers. The S Loyalty app offers sophisticated features, including scheduling campaigns, customizing your storefront overlap, multi-user support, and automated points expiration and discount code generation. It even integrates with ReferralCandy, so you can introduce referrals, loyalty points and rewards all through a single app interface.
Also, S Loyalty provides you with many different pricing options to choose from:
- Free: The free version of this app works for up to 100 monthly orders and includes three fixed amount reward types, birthday bonus and shopper notifications.
- Basic: $19.99 per month. This version works for up to 50 monthly orders, and it includes five rewards with advanced condition settings, advanced point earning options and points expiry.
- Standard: $39.99 per month. This version works for up to 200 monthly orders. It includes 10 rewards with advanced condition settings and can be installed as an embedded widget.
- Pro: $69.99 per month. This version works for up to 350 monthly orders, and it includes 15 rewards with advanced condition settings, points for past orders and customer exclusion.
- Premium: $119.99 per month. This version works for up to 600 monthly orders, and it includes 20 rewards with advanced condition settings as well as priority email support.
- Higher Volume: $199.99 per month. This is the plan you'll need to use if you have more than 600 monthly orders.
Over to You
The app marketplace for BigCommerce has a variety of apps. They run the gamut — from marketing and accounting assistance, to shipping and inventory management, and more.
This short list of our favorites is only a fraction of some of the great apps you’ll find to help optimize your store.