What you need to do to show all products on your homepage in Shopify depends on the theme you’re using. Specifically, it depends on the maximum number of products that can be included in the “Featured collection” section of your theme’s homepage.
If you have 50 or fewer products in your Shopify store, then it takes little to no effort to show all products on your homepage. If you have more than 50 products, though, the process is slightly more involved.
Please note that we’ll be using the Debut theme throughout this demonstration. The instructions below can be used for any theme, but a few details will be different if you’re using something other than Debut.
Show All Products on Your Shopify Homepage
Assuming you have 25 products and you’re using the Debut theme, this is how you would display all products on your homepage:
1. After using your Shopify login credentials to access your store, go to “Products."
2. Select “Collections.”
3. Select “Create collection” (note that the “Home page” collection is set as the “Featured collection” on your homepage by default).
4. You can either manually add products to this collection or automate the process of adding all your products.
If you’re using the automated collection type, you can set a rule for “Product price is greater than $0” to make sure every product you add to your store is immediately included in this collection.
5. Save your new collection. Then, go to “Online Store” > “Themes.”
6. Click on the “Customize” button next to the theme you’re currently using.
7. Select “Featured collection."
8. In the “Collection” section, select “Change."
9. Choose the collection you created and click on the “Select” button.
10. By default, the Debut theme’s “Featured collection” section displays two rows and three products per row. You can adjust the sliders here to expand the section to as many as five rows and five products per row. If you have 25 products and you’re using the Debut theme, this will complete the process of showing all products on your homepage in Shopify.
Displaying More Than 50 Products
Of course, if you have more than 25 products and you’re using the Debut theme, then the process outlined above isn’t going to work for you.
To solve this problem, you could switch to a theme that gives you the ability to display more products in the “Featured collection” section. As previously mentioned, there are options like the Brooklyn theme that allow you to use the “Featured Collection” section to display as many as 50 products.
But what if you have more than 50 products? In that case, you’re going to run into issues no matter what theme you’re using. That’s because there is no way to display more than 50 products per page in one collection.
Don’t worry, the solution to this problem is simple: you can add multiple “Featured collection” sections to your homepage to get around the maximum products displayed per collection limit.
Let’s use this technique to add 75 products to a Shopify homepage:
1. Go to “Products” > “Collections."
2. If you don’t need to sort your products in any particular way, you could split them evenly into three collections of 25 products each. That way, each collection would be within the Debut theme’s 25 product limit for the “Featured collection” section, but combined they will show three times that limit.
If you do want to sort your products into categories, we recommend that you use the automated collection type and set rules to determine which products are included in each category. Just make sure the rules are specific enough so that none of your collections has more than 25 products.
Whichever collection type you choose, create and save your collections before moving on to the next step.
3. Go to “Online store” > “Themes” and click on the “Customize” button next to the theme you’re currently using.
4. Select “Add section."
5. Select the “Add” button next to “Featured collection." Repeat for each collection that you need to add to your homepage in order to display all your products (in this example, we need to add at least three collections).
6. Assign the collections you created to the “Featured collection” sections on your homepage.
You can arrange the “Featured collection” sections in whatever order you prefer (they can be together at the top of the page, together at the bottom of the page, dispersed throughout the page with different sections in between them, etc.).
While there are headings included with these sections by default, the headings are optional. If you don’t want the products on your homepage sorted into categories, you should remove these headings for a more seamless look. Conversely, if you are sorting your products into categories, these headings should remain and be used to label your categories.
When you’re done, save your changes to finish displaying all your products on your homepage.
The Shogun Page Builder Makes Your Homepage Complete
You’ll need to do more than just display products on your homepage to make your online store successful.
According to Forbes, emotional appeal and a subscription option are two features that every homepage should have.
The Shogun page builder can help you in both of these areas.
For emotional appeal, nothing works better than video. Text and images have a somewhat impersonal, manufactured feel to them. They’re static, while real life is always moving. With video, it’s possible to recreate the experience of actually interacting with a human being.
Shogun makes it easy to add video to your homepage. All you need to do is drag and drop the video element onto your page. No coding required.
Also, there are many options that you can adjust to customize the video according to your preferences. For example, you can choose whether or not the video will automatically play when the page loads.
A subscription option/form on your homepage lets you collect the contact information of visitors, which will make future marketing efforts such as newsletters and sales promotions more effective.
Adding a form with Shogun is as easy as adding a video. Again, just drag and drop. This element can be customized as well: you can change the text color, change the background color, add or remove fields, and much more.
That’s only the tip of the iceberg when it comes to the elements available in Shogun. It’s like having dozens of apps in one. This mix of powerful features and intuitive interface allows you to significantly reduce the amount of time it takes to make pages for your store.
Show All Products and Convert More Visitors into Customers
By showing all products on your homepage, you should be able to increase your conversion rate by reducing the number of steps there are between browsing products and making a purchase.
And with the Shogun Page Builder, you can easily add everything else you need to create a highly effective homepage.